Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Changes in My House

Life is always changing for me.  I am starting a new direction. My house goes up for sale this week. My son and I have moved everything. There are no pictures on the walls and newly painted walls.  Shampooed rugs and yet I walk as a stranger in my own home. It saddens me to move but than again it's time for me to downsize and perhaps have new adventures with new neighbors when I find a smaller location for my life.

Going from 3000 square feet to probably a 1000. What do I keep- what do I not?

I even considering joining  a walking group and changing some other things that I do. My dog  Charlie is a bit confused. He will be walked more if I can't find a  closed in backyard.I miss that comfort. We will probably both will be in better shape.

 I have so many great memories in my house. Great parties on New Year's Eve. Celebrating holidays. Dinner parties,  brunches, dinners, birthdays, graduations,  bunco's, Halloween and more.

After 35 years of living here - do I stay and suffer this snow ice and freezing weather or should I move to warmer locations.

I have so many great and fun friends and relatives  here. It's nice to go to the grocery store and see familiar faces. I live in a small town in  a big city.   And love it!


1 comment:

  1. Good for you Aunt Terri. This is lovely and heartfelt. Everyone loves you.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete