Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it will also condition your hair!

My wonderful friend from High School -Marsha told her children about the time I put Mayonnaise on my hair. I thought I forget that era but when visiting her a few years back - her kids told me the story about what I  did. As all teenage girls we experimented with color and shampoos and  conditioners on our hair.

My grandmother use to collect rain water(there was no smog or chemicals in the air)  to wash her hair in. My mother said put beer in your hair it conditions it. We put avocados on our face (we had a tree) as a facial which is still used today.   Another beauty use is  egg whites on your face will tighten your lines and wash off with warm lemon water(l lemon squeezed into warm water) with a cloth. My mother had no wrinkles and beautiful skin. These were some of her secrets. Never Never use any kind of soap on your face. Cold cream only to take off make up and clean your face in the morning with.  Tea bags in ice water with ice cubes to relax your eyes lids and take out  the puff in eyes.  I like  cold cumbers on my eyes too.  With all the creams and conditioners and facials out there -sometime the old ways are best.  Night cream for my mom was cold cream to until later years -she liked  Lauder products.

Now about the Mayonnaise - the instructions I read in a beauty magazine said 1/2 cup -so i did. Left it on for about 1/2 hour or more. It wouldn't wash out. I poured beer on it -no good.  I added vinegar-it got worse. I tried Ivory soap-no good. I tried detergent no good. Dish detergent no way. Marsha was with me when I did this and she couldn't stop laughing..So I went to school the next day and got the name salad dressing all day and I think all week because I surely smelled like salad dressing. What came about in our conclusion is that the beauty magazine meant 1/4  or 1/2 of a table spoon and not a 1/2 cup. To this day - I don't like Mayonnaise or the smell of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment